A round-up of some burglaries, vehicle thefts and prowls, and mail theft as August comes to an end. (Shown in map at right.)
But first, from Seattle Police this week.
“After stealing $800 worth of cologne and pulling a knife on Northgate Mall security Tuesday, a 49-year-old man claimed he had swallowed heroin in an apparent—and ultimately unsuccessful—effort to get out of going to jail.
“Police were called to the mall around 8 p.m. after the suspect dashed out of a store with 10 bottles of cologne, valued at over $830, and tussled with security guards. He then brandished a knife and fled, but was arrested a short time later by SPD officers.”
Brad emails on Wednesday.
“Last night a friend and I came back from vacation. Her car was parked at my house (by Sacajawea) and she put her suitcase in between her car and another. She came inside for less than two minutes. Went back to her car and it was gone!
“There was nothing of real value to anybody (clothes, make up, gifts etc) but costly to replace. Hoping whoever stole it dumped it somewhere close. If anybody sees it can can they report it. Thanks.”
(Comments here STILL aren’t working, but you can report on our Facebook page.)
On Monday Damien emailed:
Before our family left for a week-long vacation, a brand new, dark grey 4 Runner was parked at the corner of Brooklyn Avenue and Northeast 82nd Street. When we got back, we noticed it had been hit by another vehicle. There is quite a lot of glass left behind from the offending vehicle’s headlight and blinker, and the 4 Runner has a damaged rear bumper.
Wondering if anyone is or knows the owner of the 4 Runner, it doesn’t look like it has moved in almost 2 weeks.
Over at Nextdoor Northgate/Maple Leaf are reports of:
* An attempted break-in at 15th Avenue Northeast and Northeast 100th Street.
* An actual break-in at 15th Avenue Northeast and Northeast 96th Street.
* Luggage theft at 17th Avenue Northeast and Northeast 94th Street.
* Stolen Subaru from Northgate.
* Mail theft along Eighth Avenue Northeast near Northeast 96th Street.
* An entire bank of mailboxes prowled on 12th Avenue Northeast between Northeast 102nd and 103rd streets.
* A hit-and-run damaging two cars along Eighth Avenue Northeast.
* Mail theft along Northeast 91st Street between 15th and 20th avenue northeast.
* Stolen mail found along Northeast 96th Street between 15th and 17th avenues northeast.