Don’t be surprised if you see a slew of bikes parked outside Judy Fu’s Snappy Dragon on Tuesday night.
The Maple Leaf restaurant, located at 8917 Roosevelt Way N.E., is participating in the second annual Spoke & Food fundraiser, which encourages people to ride their bikes to participating local restaurants, which will donate 20 percent of the proceeds from the cyclists to the Children’s Garden program at Seattle Tilth.
The event is the brainchild of Maple Leaf residents Garett and Heather Slettebak.
Other participating restaurants include:
- Casa D’Italia (Ravenna)
- The Scarlet Tree (Roosevelt)
- Chaco Canyon Organic Cafe (University District and West Seattle)
- Julia’s (Wallingford)
- Barking Dog Alehouse (Greenwood)
- Stumbling Goat Bistro (Phinney Ridge)
- Via Tribunali (Queen Anne)
- Snoose Junction Pizzeria (Ballard)
- The Lookout (Capitol Hill)
- Madrona Alehouse (Madrona)
- Proleteriat Pizza (White Center)
If you decide to hop on your bike to take part in this event, just be sure to tell your server that you cycled in for Spoke & Food. And please let us know where you went!