Eight free job skills/career planning classes are planned through the end of the year at the Northgate branch of The Seattle Public Library.
Classes are held at the branch, 10548 Fifth Ave. N.E., on Fridays. They include:
• The New Job Search in the New Economy
• Effective Networking for Employment
• Online Job Search
• Effective Resumes for the New Economy
• Effective Interviewing for the New Economy
• Mid-Life Career Changing in the New Economy
• The Role of Social Media; LinkedIn & Twitter in the New Job Search
The branch also has two laptop computers that patrons can use for job searching/career development for two hours a day in addition to their usual 90 minutes on Internet computers.