April 4th, 2017 by Mike
This evening is St. Catherine School’s Art Walk and Open House, starting at 6 p.m. at the school, 8524 Eighth Ave. N.E.
ART WALK & OPEN HOUSE
TUES, APR 4
6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
Enjoy a free dinner while you check out amazing student work, including the middle school science fair projects!
Please RSVP to email@example.com
And, at month’s end, the Olympic View Elementary plant sale returns for the final Friday and Saturday of April.
Tags: art walk, Olympic View Elementary School, plant sale, St. Catherine School
May 8th, 2016 by Mike
This is the final day of the very popular Master Gardener Plant sale.
It runs from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the UW Center for Urban Horticulture, 3501 N.E. 41st St. More information here.
Also, next Saturday is the even-closer Picardo P-Patch Plant Sale and Bake Sale, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Northeast 82nd Street and 25th Avenue Northeast.
More information here.
Tags: master gardener, Picardo P-Patch, plant sale
April 26th, 2016 by Mike
Here come the spring plant sales!
* This Friday and Saturday Olympic View Elementary School holds its 15th annual plant sale at the school, Fifth Avenue Northeast and Northeast 95th Street.
Hours are 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on April 29th and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m on April 30th.
Nathan Hale High School’s spring plant sale is the following week, at 11051 34th Ave. N.E.
And the annual Master Gardner sale is May 7th and 8th, with a preview on May 6th, at the UW’s Center for Urban Horticulture, 3501 N.E. 41st St.
Tags: Master Gardner, Nathan Hale, Olympic View Elementary School, plant sale, UrbHort
May 6th, 2015 by Mike
The three-day Nathan Hale High School Horticulture Plant Sale began at 2 p.m. today.
The wildly popular annual sale, featuring everything from hanging baskets to tomatoes, is at the school’s greenhouse, off of Northeast 110th Street and 34th Avenue Northeast, just north of Jane Addams Middle School.
The sale runs until 6 p.m. today, from 2-6 p.m. Thursday, skips Friday, and opens 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, May 9th.
For more details, including plant lists, go to their Facebook page.
Tags: Nathan Hale, plant sale
April 24th, 2015 by Mike
Remember: Olympic View Elementary’s plant sale runs until 7 p.m. today and from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday.
The school is at 504 N.E. 95th St.
Tags: native plant sale, olympic view elementary, plant sale
September 12th, 2014 by Mike
The Northwest Horticultural Society’s fall plant sale is today and Saturday at North Seattle College.
Hours are 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. today and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. The college is just over Northeast 92nd Street, at 9600 College Way N.
The sale is huge!
Here’s a list of participating growers.
Tags: North Seattle College, Northwest Horticultural Society, plant sale
April 24th, 2014 by Mike
Olympic View Elementary School’s highly popular plant sale has been combined with its annual used book sale this year, and both are this Friday and Saturday.
Together, they’ve been rebranded Books & Blooms, and as usual will take place at the school, 504 N.E. 95th St.
Friday Blooms 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Books 3:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturday Books and Blooms 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
A flier about the event is here. (pdf)
Tags: Olympic View Elementary School, plant sale, used book sale
May 6th, 2013 by master
In case you missed the big rush on the first day of the Olympic View Plant Sale last weekend, you’ve got another opportunity to spruce up your yard while supporting Maple Leaf students at this week’s Nathan Hale High School Edible and Ornamental Plant Sale.
The sale takes place at the school’s greenhouse, which is located just north of Jane Addams K-8 School. From Lake City Way, turn eastbound onto 110th Street. Turn left (northbound) onto 34th Avenue NE. Drive past the school, then turn left into the driveway. The greenhouse is at the top of the hill. Dates and times are:
- Tuesday, May 7: 2-6 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 8: 2-6 p.m.
- Thursday, May 9: 2-6 p.m.
- Saturday, May 11: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The organically raised vegetable starts, perennials, hanging baskets and bedding plants for sale at the annual event all were grown by Nathan Hale High School’s horticulture students, with all vegetables started from seed. In addition to the more than two-dozen tomato varieties that will be available, veggie starts include: [Read more →]
Tags: fundraisers, Nathan Hale, plant sale
April 27th, 2013 by master
The 12th annual Olympic View Plant Sale continues today until 7 p.m., but it appears yesterday’s beautiful weather brought out most of the shoppers, leaving much slimmer pickings than most Maple Leafers are likely accostumed to.
But that’s unlikely to keep fans from coming out for the unique selection of plants, as well as the kids’ activities from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
All proceeds of the sale benefit the students of Olympic View Elementary School. For more information, go to the Olympic View Plant Sale Facebook page.
Tags: fundraisers, kids, Olympic View Elementary School, plant sale
April 18th, 2013 by master
We’ve received a slew of emails about area events that we thought we’d share beyond just posting them on our events page:
- Tomorrow, April 19, there’s a performance of “The Wizard of Oz“ at 6 p.m. at St. Catherine Parish School, 8524 Eighth Ave. N.E. Admission is free with a canned food item or $5 per ticket.
- Also tomorrow, there’s an “Evening in Italy” fundraiser for North Helpline from 5:30-9 p.m. at Lake City Community Center, 12531 28th Ave. N.E. There will be live music, a wine toss, raffles and a full spaghetti dinner for $10/adults, $5/children.
- For the next two weekends, you’re invited to Northwest Puppet Center’s latest show: “Chickens and Pigs and Bears … Oh My!” at 9123 15th Ave. N.E.:
“Chickens and Pigs and Bears . . . Oh My!” is a celebration of some favorite stories presented in new and creative ways. Audiences will delight in the different styles of puppetry, live music, poetry and audience participation. Puppeteer Peter Allen performs “The Three Little Pigs” with marionettes, “The Little Red Hen” with shadow puppetry, and “The Three Bears” with rod-puppetry. A wonderful performance for audiences 3 years old and up.
Curtain is at 1 and 3 p.m. Saturday and Sundays through April 28. Tickets cost $10.50 general admission, $8.50 for children up to age 16, and $9 for senior 65 and older, and they’re available at Brown Paper Tickets.
- One of the neighborhood’s biggest events is coming up on Wednesday, April 24: The quarterly Maple Leaf General Community Meeting from 7-9 p.m. at Olympic View Elementary, 504 N.E. 95th St. Topics will include transportation issues, how the new Northgate urban center will affect Maple Leaf, and tree regulations.
- Next Thursday, April 25, you can learn more about area construction at the Northgate Way Improvement Project Open House from 6-7:30 p.m. at the Northgate Library, 10548 Fifth Ave. N.E. The Seattle Department of Transportation in planning roadway improvements along North 105th Street and Northgate Way, from Greenwood Avenue North to Lake City Way Northeast. Improvements will include complete roadway repaving, new sidewalks and curb ramps, and drainage improvements from Greenwood Avenue North to Corliss Avenue North. SDOT will also upgrade signals, and street lighting from Greenwood to Lake City Way. This is your chance get in comments before final design by the second quarter of 2013; construction is scheduled to begin this summer, and is anticipated to continue through summer 2014.
- Also on April 25, “Roads and Runoff” is the topic of the monthly Thornton Creek Alliance meeting from 7:15-9 p.m. at Meadowbrook Community Center, 10517 35th Ave. N.E. Art Brochet will discuss the Seattle Department of Transportation’s repaving project on Northeast 125th Street, as well as Seattle Public Utilities’ plans for Mayor Mike McGinn’s new stormwater goals. The group also will be talking about the past year’s accomplishments and goals for next year. For more information call, Judy Olson at 206-523-4384.
- Fun for the whole family is planned from 6-8 p.m. Friday, April 26, at the “Magical Mac and Cheese” event at Northgate Community Center:
Turn your macaroni and cheese into a magical evening of dinner and entertainment! We will have basic macaroni ‘n’ cheese and you add your favorite toppings. In addition, Xakary the Magician and his pet rabbit can mesmerize you with his magic. For ages 1 and older. Please register in advance at 206-386-4283. Cost is $5 per person or $20 for a family.
- And of course, don’t forget about the 12th annual Olympic View Plant Sale from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. April 26-27. There will be vegetable and fruit starts, herbs, flowering annuals, premium perennials, pottery, garden art and more both days, as well as special children’s activities from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, as well as treats from Peaks Frozen Custard from noon to 5 p.m.
Spring Fever hits Maple Leaf!
Tags: construction, free events, kids, northagate community center, northwest puppet center, Olympic View Elementary School, performing arts, plant sale, thornton creek alliance