Liz, a Maple Leaf neighbor, posts on Facebook:
We are looking for a new home for our dog, Barkley. Anyone interested can email me at email@example.com. He needs to be in a home without young children. I know that excludes many of you, but if you know anyone else interested please forward to them. Thank you.
On a pet rehoming site, where you can learn more about Barkley, she adds:
Hi, My name is Barkley!I am a Black with brown markings Male Labrador/Rottweiler mix Dog. I am 11 years young and weigh 53 lbs. I live in Seattle, WA.
Here is what my owners love the most about me:
1. Loving. He always loves to be rubbed and connect with you.
2. Intelligent. He learns quickly and is very responsive.
3. Loyal. Once he finds his “person” he will follow them around and watch out for them.
4. Adorable. He has the cutest, most expressive eyebrows! Looking at him always brings a smile to my face.
5. Trusting. He will let you brush his teeth and not growl or back off!