Josh emailed over the weekend: “Just wanted to pass along that, sometime this past week, we had the catalytic converter cut from our Toyota Tacoma parked in front of our house on 96th. Thieves apparently used a power saw and were probably done in less than a minute or two.”
He notes that catalytic converters contain precious metals and they’re easier to get to in trucks and SUVs.
His email caused us to wonder what the Seattle Police property crime map might show as we head into Christmas week. It’s shown above, from Thanksgiving through today.
- 10 stolen cars (many from the Northgate area)
- 8 car prowls
- 1 stolen bike
- and 7 burglaries
Six of the burglaries were of homes:
- 9400 block of 12th Avenue Northeast
- 9700 block of Roosevelt Way Northeast
- 9700 block of 15th Avenue Northeast
- Two homes in the 10800 block of 12th Avenue Northeast
- 10700 block of Eighth Avenue Northeast
The seventh burglary was of a business in the 9200 block of Roosevelt Way Northeast.