Looking for an egg hunt or other spring- or Easter-themed event for the weekend? There are plenty in and around Maple Leaf:
- Start off the weekend Friday at 6:30 p.m. with the Bunny Sock Hop at Northgate Community Center, 10510 Fifth Ave. N.E. The fourth annual all-ages dance costs $5 for a family.
- The Carnival of Eggs at Lakeview Free Methodist Church, 9412 15th Ave. N.E., features egg hunts for ages 1-12 from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday. There also will be an outdoor bouncy house, carnival games, arts and crafts, snacks, free pictures with Honey Bunny and more. The event is free, but the church will be collecting nonperishable food donations for North Helpline in Lake City.
- Seattle Athletic Club, 333 N.E. 97th St., is hosting an Easter Egg Hunt starting at 10:30 a.m. Saturday for children ages 1-4, followed by ages 4-9 at 10:45 a.m. If your kids don’t have their own basket, get there at 10 a.m. and help them create their own Easter bag. Cost: $10 for members; $20 for nonmembers. For more information and to sign up, contact Roni Olson at email@example.com.
- Woodland Park Zoo’s ninth annual Bunny Bounce takes place from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, featuring an egg hunt for children ages 1-8 near the north entrance. Throughout the day, there also will be crafts, bunny encounters and zoo programs, including Easter baskets for the animals at various exhibits. The Bunny Bounce is free with zoo admission ($11 for adults ages 13-64; $8 for children ages 3-12; and free for children up to age 2) or membership. Environmental note: Children are encouraged to bring their own basket or bag for the egg hunt; a limited supply of egg hunt bags will be provided for children without. For the health and well-being of zoo animals, candy will not be placed inside the eggs – egg hunt participants will receive their treats as they exit the zoo.
- The Spring Egg Scramble at Green Lake Community Center, 7201 E. Green Lake Drive N., starts at 10 a.m. Saturday with a hunt for children ages 3 and younger, followed by ages 4-6 at 10:30 a.m. and ages 7-11 at 11 a.m. Children must be at the community center at least 15 minutes before their scramble begins. Don’t forget to bring a basket or a bag to put your eggs in!
- Two other nearby events through Seattle Parks and Recreation include the Meadowbrook Spring Egg Hunt, for children ages 1-11, which begins at 10 a.m. sharp on Saturday at Nathan Hale Track, 10750 30th Ave. N.E.; and the Ravenna Spring Egg Hunt at Ravenna-Eckstein Community Center, 6535 Ravenna Ave. N.E., also at 10 a.m. and for ages 1-11. Both are free.
- If you have yet to get a picture taken with the Easter Bunny, he’ll be at Northgate Mall’s Ben Bridge Court all week, from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. today and Wednesday, and from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday through Saturday. The mall is closed Sunday in observance of the Easter holiday.
Did we leave anything out? Let us know and we’ll add it to the list. And have fun this weekend!